Monday, May 01, 2006

Not Going Away


I admit I have not been much of a fan of Stephen Colbert and the Colbert report, perhaps because his parody cuts too close to the real for me, but after watching the replay of his speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner, I may have to take another look. He has provided one of the the most honest crticisms of the current sate of affairs that I have seen in a long time. With the objects of his ridicule as his audience, his jokes received few laughs and have gotten even less mention in the real media. I suppose that what happens now is that we all go back to business as usual, grimacing and trying to pretend that nothing is wrong-- don't worry about the elephant in the room, or the sinking shup that we seem to be on-- at least the fake news continues to stand for something.

No comments: